Saturday, May 22, 2010

Brookline Open Studios

I went to the Brookline Open Studios the first weekend in May. The Boston Camera Club had a studio. (I have been meaning to go to their meetings all year.) One difficult thing is camera clubs mainly meet during the year and then stop in the summer, which is when I would want to go. I met some nice people with common interests. I noticed most had their prints matted and in plastic sleeves. Most used glossy prints.  Almost all mattes were white and the few frames were silver or black. I found myself asking where different pictures were taken. I always wanted to know but usually this wasn't listed anywhere. When they did write the location, it was in pencil on the matte.  I wish my printing looked better, which is yet another thing for me to work on! A possible goal for next year would be to participate in the open studio with the group. But first things first: I need to go to one of their meetings.  I am not sure where to buy nice mattes at a reasonable price. That will also go on the list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment